A former historic church converted and restored into a cafe outside of the Boston Edison and Virginia Park communities.
Private Event Buyout
• Up to 100 guests
Venue Rental Fees
- Normal business operations would be closed and you would have entire venue for up to 5 hours.
- All events must conclude by 11pm.
- Buyout includes full access to building, restrooms, outdoor deck and greenspace.
- All venue packages do not include cost of food and beverage or furnishing rentals. Beverage package is required to be purchased through The Congregation Detroit. Any other necessary vendors may be selected from our Preferred Vendor list or with prior approval.
- Outside catering permitted.
- Additional fee for moving and storage of current furnishings is required. Equipment located behind bar is unable to be removed from space.
- Complimentary onsite event host
- Servers not included, but can be available for additional fee.
- High speed WiFi available (no access to wired internet connection)
- Dimmable lighting throughout the first floor
- The Congregation Greenspace may only be rented in conjunction with rental of other space within the building; not for stand-alone ceremonies or events. Seating for greenspace ceremonies is not included in the rental fees.
- Any amplified music or live music, must be clean in nature. No vulgar or profane music is allowed to be played on the premises. All music must conclude by 10pm.
- Rentals do not include special order furnishings, linens, flatware, or specialty glassware.
- Parking is via the street only. Please consider bussing or parking off site for parties over 75 guests.
- You are welcome to bring in floral, and décor. No décor may be adhered to the wall. Candles and confetti are not permitted.
- You and your vendors are responsible for the install and tear down of all items brought in. All event materials must be removed from the premises before 11pm on the day of the event.
- The Congregation is a gallery space and artwork will not be covered or removed during rentals except in the case of fragile work. We are generally able to provide general information on the exhibition calendar up to 30 days in advance.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the total cost is due as a nonrefundable deposit at the signing of the contract. The balance, including payment for all other charges is due one week (7 days) prior to the event date. Payment may be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- We cannot book events more than 12 months in advance. Rental fees for events booked more than 6 months in advance may be subject to increased pricing, but will not exceed 15% of the quoted price.
- Any damages or excess cleaning fees will be billed directly to client. Charges to be presented to client within 7 days of event.