- This event has passed.
July 26 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
In our modern world, establishing authentic connections with strangers can feel like a daunting task. Be it battling personal challenges or navigating through the impact of social media, intimate human-to-human moments have become increasingly scarce. To foster community and create public spaces for genuine connection, The Congregation invites you to our Storytelling Night.
Storytelling Night is a monthly evening dedicated to sharing experiences, emotions, and narratives that you feel comfortable sharing in a safe, supportive setting. Each session has a distinct theme, and stories can encapsulate the full spectrum of human emotions, ranging from laugh out loud funny to intensely sad. While there aren’t any rigid guidelines, we recommend keeping a few things in mind:
- Scheduled speakers, who have signed up online to secure their slots, will go first. Following their stories, we will take a brief intermission to allow audience members to sign up. We will proceed based on the order of sign-ups.
- The Congregation is a space designed for everyone, including families and children. We kindly ask that you respect this and refrain from using excessive profanity or explicit sexual content.
- We encourage you to limit your speaking time to around 10 minutes.
- Emotions are welcome here, whether you’re a speaker or an audience member. Our aim is to normalize the full range of human expression.
- Any forms of discrimination will not be tolerated. We are here to support everyone regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, and backgrounds of all walks of life.